The Manning School PTA Scholarship
The Manning School PTA is dedicated to fostering the lifelong success and learning of our middle school students and is pleased to recognize two outstanding Manning School alumni with “The Manning School PTA Scholarship” as he or she graduates from high school.
Application Deadline –April 17, 2017
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Applicant must currently be enrolled in high school and be a graduating senior for the 2016/2017 school year.
- Applicant must have attended The Manning School for 7th and 8th grades.
- Applicant must be a legal resident of the United States.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.0)
- Applicant must be planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school in the United States no later than Fall 2017.
Award Criteria: Selection of scholarship recipient will be based on the following:
- Applicant demonstrates a track record of academic success.
- Applicant exhibits leadership or teamwork within their school and community.
- Applicant shows a respect and responsibility for self, school and community.
- Applicant recognizes the positive connection between his or her middle school experience and his or her current success.
The scholarship is awarded without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin.
Application Instructions: To be accepted for judging, an applicant must submit all of the following items:
- Application Form – The form, including supplementary information, must be fully completed and signed by the applicant.
- Application Essay – An essay written by the applicant, not more than one typewritten page in length, answering the following question: “How did your experiences at The Manning School and the values learned at the school impact your life and education?”
- Transcript – Official copy of applicant’s transcript(s) showing grades for entire enrollment in high schools attended.
- Letter of Recommendation – Letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counselor, or administrator OR another adult who personally knows the applicant (such as coach, mentor, employer) and who is not related to the applicant.
Deadlines and Mailing Instructions:
Application package, including form, supplemental information, essay, transcript and reference letters, must be completed and postmarked no later than April 17, 2017. The applicant is responsible for seeing that all the necessary information and documents are submitted by the deadline. An incomplete application package will be disqualified. No application material will be returned to the applicant. Please send application materials to:
The Manning School PTA, 13200 West 32nd Avenue, Golden, CO 80401
The Manning School PTA will make their selection by May 9, 2017 and will immediately notify the winners and high school counselors in charge of scholarships.
Award Amounts and Payment:
Two $250 scholarships will be awarded to the two winning applicants. Payment is made in one installment as soon as the winner supplies the PTA Treasurer proof of enrollment at the college of their choice.
- Student ID information
- Proof of enrollment
Once these items have been received, the PTSA treasurer will mail the $250 check directly to each winner.
A signed application form from the scholarship recipient constitutes permission to use the student’s name and photo for purposes of public relations and other publicity. The recipient also agrees to provide the PTA Treasurer with the necessary information (noted under “Award Amount and Payment”) no later than May 24, 2017. Should the scholarship recipient receive full funding for his or her college education from any other source, the recipient will be required to decline the scholarship and the runner up will be notified by The Manning School PTA.